Spring break was awhile ago and I neglected to post on here about it. Here are some things I did:
- saw the Mediterranean for the first time
- ate octopus and some other obscure seafood
- stepped in the Mediterranean for the first time
- saw a million of the swankiest yachts, one of which had a mini-helicopter casually sitting on its deck
- found the Monte Carlo Casino
- saw the changing of the guards at the Prince’s Palace
- was called a “racist Canadian” by some French guy on the metro because I turned down his offer to help me carry my bag :/
- spent a couple of hours on Ile du Frioul, which is a tiny little rugged island just beyond the main harbour
- took a 12-hour ferry ride to get to and from Corsica
- had a sea-view balcony from our room in our lovely hotel/residence which was right on the coast
- lounged by the pool every day
- swam in the Mediterranean for the first time
- took a little boat tour of the Ajaccio harbour and to the Iles Sanguinaires
- rode five trains in one day for the purposes of this solo day trip
- wandered Geneva, saw the sights, visited all the English bookstores
Here is a list of facts about my life.
- I have friends! They are cool. 3/4 of them are from ‘murka.
- One of the buildings at my school has a glass-encased courtyard that houses some chickens.
- My host family always sets out a Canada mug for me that they must have gotten from another Canadian student they hosted. It’s cute.
- The Swiss girl who is staying here for two weeks looks a lot like Lindsay Lohan, and laughs like her too. Today we bonded over an inside joke. Our host mom was telling us about somebody’s kid who goes to a daycare called “Le Petit Fack.” We giggled immaturely throughout the rest of the conversation. Obviously.
- We went to Beaune with the program on Tuesday, it was freezing freaking cold but it was fun. I’ll post some pictures next. This morning we had a little tour of Dijon, and I went along even though I’m pretty familiar with the place by now. It’s really not that big. Anyway, it got really cold after a little while but it was also a good time.
- I signed up for school trips to Lyon, les Chateaux de la Loire, and Provence. My friends and I are also planning on hitting up Paris the first weekend in March, and one of their host parents’ daughter offered us her apartment for the weekend! So exciting. Also, thinking the south of France for spring break. Marseille, Nice, Monte Carlo, and Corsica.
- I find out things like my class schedule and my level tomorrow…what suspense!
- My friends found a place that gives segway tours of the city for only 19 euros beginning in April. Guess what we’re doing April 1st. My techy geek brothers will be so envious.
- That’s about it. There are other things I can’t remember right now but I’m not too concerned.
We’re planning on going to Corsica for spring break!